Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Week 5, Thing 11--Library Thing

This is a site I discovered in April, 2006 when I was looking for a way to list all the books we owned at home. It was more than I needed, plus I often couldn't find the exact version of my book on Amazon/Library of Congress to list it (e.g. if the book was out of print). I might come back to this site and list my books manually, but for now an Excel document works just fine. I did leave a short list of some of my very favorites.
We had a lovely vacation in the mountains--I got to reread the entire Dark Is Rising series in a hammock--now, how good is that! :) And now that I'm at Pikesville, you know I'm going to learn a lot about adult fiction, too!
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Karthefair

2 comments:

Mama Otta said...

Hello Ms. Hobbit

After you have created your library list, in the tool bar at the top, copy (ctrl c) or the right click copy. Go to New Post on the top right corner of your blog page, click the tab html and paste the url to this. You can also add text by just hitting enter a couple of times to get a new line. Type your text (if you want) then hit preview. It will show you the list of books. Publish/Add/Save?? can't remember what it says (AND I REALLY HOPE THIS IS CORRECT INSTRUCTIONS) Can physically do it better then trying to remember it. Let me know if this works. :-)

(also known as Birds and Garden)

Mama Otta said...

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/ddeskins
It would look something like this.